A training course from the field of automated driving
Use of the ROS (Robot Operating System) Development Tools
In this training, you will learn how to use the Robot Operating System (ROS) effectively in automotive development.
Overview of the functional scope of ROS: ROS is a flexible framework for the development of software for robots. It provides services such as hardware abstraction, device drivers, libraries, visualisers, message passing and package management. You will get a comprehensive overview of these functions and learn how they can be used in the automotive industry.
Prerequisite for installation: Before you can start installing ROS, you must ensure that your system fulfils the necessary prerequisites. These include a supported operating system (such as Ubuntu), sufficient storage space and a stable internet connection. You will receive step-by-step instructions on how to install ROS on your system.
Using ROS for the development of automated driving functions: ROS can play a key role in the development of automated driving functions. You will learn how to use ROS to collect data from sensors, process this data and send appropriate control commands to the vehicle systems.
Integration of Matlab/Simulink in ROS: Matlab and Simulink are powerful tools commonly used in the automotive industry. You will learn how to integrate these tools into ROS to develop and test complex robotic control systems.
This training will help you acquire the skills necessary to use ROS effectively for the development of automotive applications.
- Specialists with tasks in the areas of vehicle development, workshops or test benches
- Overview of the functional scope of ROS
- Prerequisite for installation
- Use of ROS for the development of automated driving functions
- Integration of Matlab/Simulink in ROS
- Getting to know the ROS architecture for the development of automated driving functions
- Architecture of the ROS framework
- Installation and additional programs
- Integration of sensors and actuators
- Simulation and visualization
- Integration in Matlab/Simulink
- Case studies: Various development steps are carried out and learned by the participants themselves using typical applications
- Duration: 3 days
- Number of participants: by arrangement or up to 15 participants
- Format: Presence, hybrid or online
- Basic knowledge of programming and use of Matlab/Simulink
- Installation of a virtual environment with an Umbuntu installation (free of charge) on the participants’ computer
- Costs: You will receive a detailed offer from us on request